Ramblings of a Southern California Triathlete

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Frost Yer Fanny 2010

A bit late (6 days) to report on my race last Sunday.  It was a 3 mile run, 15 mile bike, and another 3 mile run.  It is called the Frost Yer Fanny Duathlon.  It was 37 degrees at race start time, 50 by the end of the race.

I'm finally feeling like I'm getting over the problems I've been having in the back of my left leg (it's been slowing me down quite a bit).  I was able to run 6:54 /mile for run 1 (including a tripping and falling over a cone while trying to pass some slower runners at the start), and 6:55 for run 2.  Not quite where I'd like it to be, but much better than the 7:07/mile pace I did in a 10K run at Thanksgiving.  Felt good about the bike, too, pushing 21.3 mph on a turn intensive 3 loop course, including slowing down and checking on a guy that had a bad crash right in front of me on the 1st loop.  Confirmation that my training is working.




Enjoying the journey to get set for Germany .


Train safe!

1 comment:

  1. You may not be thrilled with your run splits but I would die to have anything that fast. Even the Thanksgiving 10K time. It is all about perspective.

    ReplyDelete