Ramblings of a Southern California Triathlete

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Does Crossfit Training Work with Triathlon?

I was introduced several months ago to a concept of fitness training called Crossfit. At the time I was training for the Great Floridian, an ironman distance race, so I didn't want dig into the subject too deeply.

Now that I've raced the Great Floridian, I'm ready for a bit of a change. Sure it is now "running season" in Houston, but I want to try something new. So after several Internet searches, I've found there is a huge amount of folks participating in such workouts. The main site for all things crossfit is found at www.crossfit.com.

So far I've done just two 20 minute workouts outlined (workouts named after girls). I modified the workout to make them easier since I've not done much strength training for a while AND just finished an ironman. These two workouts were very efficient and VERY tough. They made me extremely sore.

More to come.

Train safe!
coachgrant.net

No comments:

Post a Comment