Ramblings of a Southern California Triathlete

Friday, November 13, 2009

A 25K workout

It was two weeks after the Great Floridian Triathlon, an ironman distance race, and I decided at the last minute to race the Houston 25K. The 25K is part of the warm-up series to the Houston Marathon. While not being fully recovered, I figured I could still have a good result; after all, I was in "ironman" shape.

There is more to the pre-race story, though. The week prior I had started my crossfit-like resistance training. The day prior to the race I taught an intense spin class, where I participated with as much effort as I was instructing the students to put into the class. Later that same day, I went to a Bodyworks certification class, which, of course, included participating in an hour class of Bodyworks. This class included a lot of squats while holding dumbbells.

You can image the results at the 25K. To review, minimally recovered from an ironman, re-started resistance training, and two hard workouts the day prior to the 25K. As a coach, I insist that you do as I say, not as I do. I think I'll just call this a 25K workout, not a race.

Train safe!
coachgrant.net

No comments:

Post a Comment