Ramblings of a Southern California Triathlete

Monday, January 2, 2012

Registered for Off Road

I've got about another month or two before I have to commit to triathlon bike training, so I decided to continue getting the most out of my mountain bike. While I actually can't wait to get out and do some serious cycling on the road, learn new routes around Dallas, and meet new people, I registered for the 2012 DORBA Frozen Endurance Series at Johnson Branch State Park, a four hour solo off road race (one attempts to get the most amount of 8.8 mile laps within four hours.

Given this new race added to my annual training plan, I need to continue to practice.  I fractured a rib or two back in late September, and therefore I'm still not re-confident in my off road skills.  Yesterday I went out to Rowlett Creek Preserve and was able to ride ALL the trails out there, walking only minimally.  Now I realize that most of the trails our there are "green," but there are a few "blue" and "black" trails.  I was still able to get through all of them, boosting my confidence.

Looking forward to this new experience.

Train safe!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at the 4 hour race! Sounds like you're having a lot of fun in the off season!!!

    ReplyDelete