Ramblings of a Southern California Triathlete

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Warmed Up at BSLT 70.3

On Sunday, June 27, 2010, I raced the final "warm-up" race toward competing for TeamUSA.  I raced the Ironman 70.3 Buffalo Springs Lake Triathlon. 

It was challenging for a couple of reasons. 

First, I had had significant fever and stomach issues on Wednesday and Thursday prior to Sunday's race.  I wasn't sure at that point if I'd even be able to race.

Second, I'd never been to Lubbock.  Upon landing in the airplane, everything looked incredibly flat and barren--minimal trees, minimal hills, minimal crops on all that irrigated farmland.  There is a canyon near Lubbock where they dammed up the river, making Buffalo Springs Lake (where we swam for the race).  The bike and run courses took us out of and back into the canyon several times, which made for a very hilly course.  That's OK, though.  Afterall, I'm training for a race in the Allgaue region of Germany.  It will be very hilly there.

Train safe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment